Monday, May 08, 2006

Just Raging Against the Machine

Liz simmers:

I'm in a pissy mood. I feel like work is targeting my dress code compliance and it's annoying. But I shouldn't be upset- this weekend I won $200 playing cards. Not bad! I went the very next day and spent every cent of my winnings on work clothes so that I could best adhere to the policy. I bought 4 shirts that are the exact same style and 4 pairs of kakhis. Today I was again called on the carpet because I was wearing tennis shoes. As I walked through the administration portion of my place of employment, I noticed all sorts of people out of "spec". Talk about pissed! It's just so ridiculous!

I probably shouldn't have told my boss's boss's boss that he was welcomed to come over to my house and help dress me since I was obviously too stupid to dress myself- but I did. Without smiling. And, if that's not enough, I invited my boss's boss to do the same.

I love my job. I love where I work, who I work with, and what I do; but DAMN! They will let you wear capri pants (dressy only) but you have to wear shoes with socks. You can't wear any shirt without a collar, so sweaters are out as are company issued T-Shirts and fleece pull overs. No sandals- unless you're wearing socks with them- which I'm not doing. God, I still have my dignity to consider! Sleeves must be at least 4 inches long and no brand on any clothing unless it's the company brand. The goal? They say that they want us to dress more professionally. That's hard to do in lesbian shoes.

I'm thinking about having a yard sale. Any size nine feet out there interested?

I thought typing this out would make me feel better. It hasn't. I guess I'll be deleting this soon too. I'm sure there is some sort of BLOG policy out there. And don't think they're not watching!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Be sure not to get leave your blogspot on your new britches. If so, everyone will know you've been ranting.

Killer said...

You give the word and I will come down there and go all postal on those bastards.
You should start dressing by the code, but with completely mismatched outfits. Plaid pants with a polka dot shirt.

Anonymous said...

If you were a NURSE you'd get to wear pajamas to work. Plus you'd get that whole week or adoration and accolades that Killer was so excited about. Not to mention all the crappy tote bags, penlights and pens.