Friday, August 25, 2006

Confidence

It was a Friday night of nothing special, so I showed up in a Hard Rock Cafe t-shirt (I'm not proud) and limited attention to "the look". I was brining a coworker's 3 kids to my best friend's house. Kim told her daughter, Lily, that I was bringing boys with me. I've come to realize that "it" starts early.

I knocked on the door and entered the house with the boys. When Lily strutted out, THIS is what she had on. Kim told me that once Lily had heard that I was bringing boys over, she went through several outfits before deciding on the perfect one. The one you see is the one she elected to wear. She wore it all night- even at Pizza Hut AND at the Kid's World where we rode go-carts, ice skated, and played miniature golf. Even when the tierra fell into her eyes while driving her go-cart, she refused to take it off.

I wish all of us still had the confidence to wear a tierra in public.

By the way, I would like to point out my hairstyle. It is in primal form, but notice how the bangs are poking in my eye? It's gotten worse since the picture. Since I couldn't find the Sandra Bullock photo that inspired the blinding hair, I attached a Terry Hatcher photo that's mostly the same. As a matter of fact, I'm not at all convinced that Sandy and Terry aren't the same woman.

2 comments:

Killer said...

I am digging the new, blurry eyed you. Lilly is working the tiera.
Everytime I attempt to wear a tiera in public, it is always met with scorn and ugly looks. Jealous ass bastards.

Liz said...

When I come to visit you, I will buy $20 worth of your beer if you will wear a tiera in public- at a gay bar. I will buy an additional $20 worth of your beer if you will wear the tiera to a sporting event. I would LOVE to see the reaction you got. It would surely prove to be an unforgettable weekend!