Wednesday, July 11, 2007

I Forgot Who I Had Breakfast With This Morning

Killer has no idea what is going on

I have mentioned that my time is drawing to an end here in Sacramento. After leaving so many hospitals, I have become immune to the sadness of goodbye. Yes, I have worked closely with you for six months. Yes, I am an awesome guy. No, I don't need a tissue.

The people I work with are always saddened at my departure, but I, being an ass, am usually just wanting to get away clean, with little or no emotional attachment. They give me their phone numbers, tell me to call them, ask me to send them postcards, and inform me, "you'll be back. You'll miss us too much."

Little do they know, in a few hours, I will have forgotten the vast majority of their names.

I don't know if it is a deep emotional protective mechanism provided by my fragile psyche, or if maybe I am really just a complete asshole; regardless, I slip away into the night, unfazed and unaffected by the parting of ways.

Sorry, whatever your name was. Life is cruel sometimes.

I was taken to breakfast this morning by a group of coworkers. They wanted to spend one last moment together before I leave. I was touched. I rather would have gone to bed, but I felt it necessary to give them one last chance to soak in the Killer goodness.

Unfortunately I was the only one at breakfast who was not Filipino. I don't begrudge the ethnic diversity of California, but it is less than exciting to sit and listen to a hour long debate about the pros and cons of buying a Toyota mini-van, especially when the entire discussion is in a language I don't speak.

The only Tagalog I know is in reference to my testicles, and due to poor designs by Toyota, that doesn't relate well to their mini vans.

Soon I will be free.

10 comments:

JLeonard said...

Yeah short timers can be like that. It's easy to walk away from some places, esp if they are a shithole.
Many a day as time got close to the end, I've woke up and the first thought was "DO I really want to do this?"

Mrs. Hairy Woman said...

That was nice they took you out for breakfast.. but what made you think they weren't talking about your balls?.. Maybe in their language Toyota means balls or testicles...

Killer said...

Jleonard:
Woe a travelers life is hard, but it is what comes with the territory.

Babybull40:
I make a point to learn the word for balls in every language that is spoken around me. I am paranoid that way.

Anonymous said...

but did you at least SHOW them your balls?

Killer said...

hellohahanarf:
At that moment, I felt them to all be very non-ball-worthy.

dmarks said...

I have engaged in hour-long discussions about Toyota mini-vans, but never with Filipinos.

othurme said...

Should I spend pipty tousand or pipty two tousand?

Churlita said...

I learned a lot of naughty words in Tagalog when I worked at Macy's in San Francisco. Let me know if you want me to teach you some.

I bet there are some things you do where you need a tissue.

erjunkie said...

But did they pay for the breakfast? That's all that really matters right!

Ginamonster said...

The only words I know in tagolog are dirty too. Perhaps in the Philipines all they talk about is genitalia. I know that if I ever visit Manilla I will have nothing to say but "stinky pussy"