Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Step Off, Mutha

Liz and Killer set the ground rules.

As you might imagine, Killer loves me. That's why I like it when he approaches me about a "sensitive" topic. He's gentle. He starts with hints. He pretends like it's really my decision. It's sweet.

But Killer and I are mismatched cobloggers. You see, he cares. A lot. He is the perfect blog administrator. He watches the numbers. He goes out and tries to solicit new readers. He tries to force, I mean, mentor me to use hyperlinks so that "we" can connect to your posts. He tells me that it's courteous. He strives to make us number 1 on certain Goggle searches like "MooseKnuckle". He makes sure we have at least 6 fresh posts per week. He brings a lot of love to the show.

I, on the other hand, only write. I am the humble talent that depends on my manager to tell me when it's time for me to take the stage and when it's time for me to leave. I show up drunk half the time. I'm often late. I can't always remember my lines. Thank god for Killer.

We were together on Sunday. He told me that he felt bad about "stepping" on my Catfish Jones post. It is a pretty good story, and I had noticed the lack of comments. He takes the blame saying that had he not stepped on my story, I certainly would have gotten more and better feedback. He knew I was dangerously close to something fatal. Talent can be so emotional!

But really, I don't think about such. I might post 3 entries in a row. When the muse is hot, you gotta oblige. He says I should save them and post them later. Give our readers a chance to absorb the post, reflect on the post, comment on the post. Don't shoot the wad.... hold it, hold it...

That requires exercising writer's patience.... something I just don't have. Hyperlinking requires knowing a code... something I would rather not use a perfectly good brain cell for. Soliciting readers from new places takes lurking and whoring yourself out... something I save for weekends.

So what you end up with is Killer Rants! A combination of a man who loves the technique of blogging, the competition of increasing readership, the beauty of the technology- and then there's this chick who likes to tell stories.

Killer, you are the Yang. Thanks for being the "ROCK" here at Killer Rants! That being said, I have to advise: if you step on this post before 4:00 Wednesday evening, IT'S ON! And the talent can be pretty nasty when it's called for. Nobody puts Baby in a corner. NO BODY!

12 comments:

Liz said...

Oh. And I think Killer is a wonderful writer as well. Don't believe me? check out That Beaver's Breath Smells Like Shit in the best of section. It may be my favorite.

Water's edge... we're watching you. We here at KR have decided we love you. You'll be on a blog roll, somewhere, some time....

heather said...

i'm more of a 'i'll write when and what i want' type of blogger myself. somedays you get 2 or 3 posts, others none. i'm the same way about the show. i do it for me. period. as long as i'm having fun and enjoying what i'm doing i'll continue. the minute it's not fun anymore though is the minute i quite blogging and doing blog talk radio.

heather said...

btw, not just one but ~two~ count them motha! two comments from liz today! the blogging goddesses have smiled upon me for sure. ;-)

Roadchick said...

The Killer Rants! version of "Pimp This Blog". . .

Killer makes it run & Liz paints it up all pretty.

Mayren said...

Killah is da man.. but Liz sweets. You tha WO-man. I have a post on my blog for you. Check it out.

othurme said...

Liz, when the big change happens you won't have an excuse like "not knowing the code" for hyperlinking anymore. It's super easy where you're going.

Killer said...

Oh, No you DITTINT!

I'm the pitcher...You're the catcher!

I came SOOOO close to blogging a post immediately upon seeing this, just to put down to the two spot.

Anonymous said...

i enjoy the yin yang of the blog. my opinion (which is all that matters of course) is that you each keep doing what you do. we keep coming back for more so something is working, right?

which reminds me...we are still aawiting the other catfish jones story...

Unknown said...

I had no idea there was a technique to blogging... I just write when the inspiration writes and I firgured that I don't get a lot of feedback cause I'm a rookie in this arena a bloggerville.

but that's just me.

Liz said...

Killer,

I don't know what "just to put down to the two spot" means. But I feel threatened.

All,

Yay! We have a BRAND NEW blogger! Please, corrupt him as so many of you did me when I first came on board! Good luck, cj!

Liz said...

Hello,

I'm still hurt because Killer stepped on my Catfish Jones story. Maybe one day....

Mrs. Hairy Woman said...

we have ourselves a little blogging war goin' on.. Killer then Liz.. then killer shoots back.. but Liz can't be put down for long... Long Live Killer and Liz.. Unite Unite....