Friday, April 06, 2007

Answers to Pop Culture Trivia

You guys did awesome. As of the time I typed up this answer key, the only one not guessed correctly was, "The dead only know one thing: It is better to be alive." I was very impressed on a few. I did not really expect anyone, other than Disco, to know, "I'm gonna put my baaallls in it." Well, without further ado, here are the answers.

1. "You got to get busy living, or get busy dying."
Morgan Freeman, The Shawshank Redemption

2. "I'm gonna put my baalllls in it."
MTV television show, The State

3. "I don't want to sell anything, buy anything, or process anything as a career. I don't want to sell anything bought or processed, or buy anything sold or processed, or process anything sold or bought, or repair anything sold, bought, or processed, as a career, I don't want that."
John Cusack, Say Anything

4. "But you hate people."
"But I love gatherings, isn't it ironic?"
Jeff Anderson, Clerks

5. "I want my cigarettes Nurse Ratched. My cigarettes!"
Danny Devito, One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest

6. "Are these those balloons that blow up into funny shapes?"
"Only if you think round is funny."
William Forsythe and Store Clerk, Raising Arizona

7. "Me fail English, that's unpossible."
Ralph Wiggums, The Simpsons

8. "You're small. Small, S-M-All."
Dean Martin to Sammy Davis Jr., Cannon Ball Run

9. "You're menu says I can have breakfast anytime. I would like two eggs over easy in the Age of Enlightenment."
John Favreau, Swingers

10. "I'm a Dapper Dan Man."
George Clooney, O Brother Where Art Thou

11. "We're going to need a bigger boat."
Richard Dreyfus, Jaws

12. "The dead know only one thing: It is better to be alive."
Mathew Modine, Full Metal Jacket

13. "Surely, you can't be serious."
"I am serious and don't call me Shirley."
Peter Graves, Airplane

14. "There's a lot of things about me you don't know anything about, Dottie. Things you wouldn't understand, things you couldn't understand, things you shouldn't understand. You don't want to get mixed up with a guy like me. I'm a loner, Dottie, a rebel."
Paul Reubens, Pee Wee's Big Adventure

15. "I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice Chianti."
Anthony Hopkins, Silence of the Lambs

16. "You covet my ice cream bar!"
Ren, Ren and Stimpy

17. "He always said, 'I don't believe in God, but I'm afraid of him.' Well I believe in God, and the only thing that scares me is Keyser Soze."
Kevin Spacey, The Usual Suspects

Thanks to everyone who guessed.


7 comments:

othurme said...

You're sure it wasn't Pee Wee's Big Utensil?

Liz said...

I find guessing movie lines very frustrating. I've heard them all, but I'm awful with recall. Thanks for not making me wait. What other game can we play?

laughing said...

I think Killer should start an advice column.

Dear Killer,
I am having trouble with my man. What should I do?

Anonymous said...

You need to post an interactive Wooly Willy with Liz's picture. We can give her Sandra Bullock bangs, give her the 6 year old hair cut with the missing chunk of bangs or whatever else we want to do.

Liz said...

Joey,

I've heard about you and your Wooly Willy. Please stop giving Killer ideas on how to humiliate me.

:)

JLeonard said...

Killer, still love reading your blog. Bout ready to leave the MED and go back on the road. Keep blogging...Always good for a laugh.

fringes said...

I'm terrible with recall. But these were fairly popular quotes. Most I knew not from the movies themselves but from people quoting the quotes. Fun game.