Sunday, April 22, 2007

Quiet, please

Liz, brain dead and weary:

I am simultaneously relieved and hurt. This weekend I had to finish the final project for my Graduate class (only 2 more classes to go!). I told a couple of people that I was planning on putting around 18 hours of hard-core prep time into completing a notebook for class. A couple of people. How come then my phone didn't ring all weekend? I did not get a single phone call. From anybody. Granted, I couldn't have done anything and I likely wouldn't have even answered the phone, but still! It's the weekend! I feel so alone. So terribly, terribly alone.

Ok. Not reallly, but you get the point.

Friday night I did manage to find time to help coach my BFF's girl's softball team (I told you she'd be the man). It was a lot of fun. The girls are all 1st and 2nd graders. They are hilarious to watch but frustrating as Hell to try and coach. The parents are even worse. They'll interrupt practice to had off snack money. Come on, people! Snacks don't win games! Being in ready position wins games!

Speaking of ready position, I had to email Killer some pictures for our work-in-progress new blog, to be announced soon. He commented that I look like a blow up doll. I think I look like someone from PETA just threw red paint on my fur. What do you think?

Finally, after the practice, I went to a friend's and watched Borat. Oh my god. That is some funny shit. Nasty, nasty, nasty, but funny.

9 comments:

heather said...

you know how it is, a couple of people tell a couple of people.....
cheeks wants to start soccer next year. oh boy. i love her but she's about as coordinated as a rubber band. lol if she wants to though then i'll get her set up. thanks for letting me know in advance that snack money doesn't win games. i'm sure that will come in handy. :-) and ignore killer. i get the feeling ~everything makes him think about either sex or his balls. it's a funny picture. a more honest one than the one you've got over at the no jive zone. lol

Liz said...

If Cheeks is 8 or older, it will be great. These kids are 6-8 and clueless. One mom even brings the NANNY to the games. Jeez.

More honest? Hummmmm.... They're both me. One is me with blond streaks and one of me is without. Is that what makes it honest or is it that I'm squinting over at the NJZ?

heather said...

cheeks is only 6, which could be part of the reason for her rubber band cordination lol. the other picture doesn't really show your wilder side. it's too serious. kinda suckers you in by making you think, oh yeah, now there's someone who will never lead me astray. and then, bam! you're hanging with killer and the boys dealing with furry nut humor and dingleberries. lol (~not~ that there's anything wrong with that)

Killer said...

I love my blow up dolls and when I compare someone to them, it is a HUGE honor.

Anonymous said...

hate to admit it, but killer is right. that photo is rather blow up doll-ish.

not that that is a bad thing.

Churlita said...

Some people have told me Borat was the funniest movie they ever saw, and others said it was just alright. I think I just need to see it for myself.

othurme said...

I don't see the problem. I like the picture. Does it come with a foot pump or do you have to order it separately?

Mrs. S. said...

Just tell everyone that you're smiling like a donut.

Anonymous said...

Hang in there with the graduate class project-you will be sooooo happy when it is done!

I haven't seen Borat, but I will be renting it to see what I think.

Nice pic too!