Thursday, April 05, 2007

Pop Culture Trivia

Killer, pop-trivia King.

I have a habit of quoting lines from movies, but a lot of people don't seem to know what I am talking about. I am not sure if I am surrounded by pop-culture morons, or if I am too much of a pop-culture geek. ("Not that there is anything wrong with that.")

I am going to list some of my favorite lines to quote. Some are easy, but a few are fairly obscure. Most are movies, but I have thrown in a few T.V. quotes to make it a little trickier. See how many you can get. The answers are printed at the bottom, upside down. You just need to turn your computer over. (Actually the answers will be posted tomorrow, don't turn over your computer.)

1. "You got to get busy living, or get busy dying."

2. "I'm gonna put my baalllls in it."

3. "I don't want to sell anything, buy anything, or process anything as a career. I don't want to sell anything bought or processed, or buy anything sold or processed, or process anything sold or bought, or repair anything sold, bought, or processed, as a career, I don't want that."

4. "But you hate people."
"But I love gatherings, isn't it ironic?"

5. "I want my cigarettes Nurse Ratched. My cigarettes!"

6. "Are these those balloons that blow up into funny shapes?"
"Only if you think round is funny."

7. "Me fail English, that's unpossible."

8. "You're small. Small, S-M-All."

9. "You're menu says I can have breakfast anytime. I would like two eggs over easy in the Age of Enlightenment."

10. "I'm a Dapper Dan Man."

11. "We're going to need a bigger boat."

12. "The dead know only one thing: It is better to be alive."

13. "Surely, you can't be serious."
"I am serious and don't call me Shirley."

14. "There's a lot of things about me you don't know anything about, Dottie. Things you wouldn't understand, things you couldn't understand, things you shouldn't understand. You don't want to get mixed up with a guy like me. I'm a loner, Dottie, a rebel."

15. "I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice Chianti."

16. "You covet my ice cream bar!"

17. "He always said, 'I don't believe in God, but I'm afraid of him.' Well I believe in God, and the only thing that scares me is Keyser Soze."

12 comments:

The Girl You Used to Know said...

3. John Cusack movie. I'm not sure which one...Say Anything maybe?

4. Clerks HAH! LOVE THAT MOVIE

6. Raising Arizona. Classic. My favorite line from that movie: "Boy. You gotta panty on yo head."

10. Oh Brother Where Art Thou

11. Jaws. DUH

13. Airplane, I think. It's one of those Leslie Neilson movies if it's not Airplane.

14. PeeWee's Big Adventure. One of my favorite all time movies.

15. Silence of the Lambs


K. that's all I know. I'm not 100% on a couple of them, but I'm pretty sure I did okay.

Jester said...

3. Say Anything
7. The Simpson's? I know I've heard that line...
10. O Brother Where Art Thou
11. Jaws
12. Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil?
13. Airplane
15. Silence of the Lambs
17. The Usual Suspects

othurme said...

1. Shaving Ryan's Privates
2, Beaverly Hills Cops
3. Oh God, Where Art Plows
4. Silence of the Gams
5. Pee Wee's Big Utensil
6. Say Anything Dirty
7. Midnight In The Garden of Gina & April
8. One Came Over the Poo Poo Mess

Those are the only ones I know.

mist1 said...

#5 is one of my favorite books.
#6 is one of my all time favorite movies.

Wavemancali said...

1. Shawshank Redemption
2. I know this one and it's driving me nuts (pun intended) but I can't and don't want to put my finger on it.
3. Say anything
4. Clerks
5. One who flew over the cuckoo's nest
6. Raising Arizona
7. Bart Simpson
8. Don't know this one :(
9. Mitch Headburg or Steven Wright. I think probably Steven if my memory serves me correctly.
10 Oh Brother Where Art Thou
11. Jaws
12. Hitchhikers Guide To the Galaxy? The part where Zaphod summons his dead ancestor? I always thought the line was life is wasted on the living... so maybe I'm missing your reference because that one is overpowering me.
13. Airplane
14. Peewee
15. Silence of the Lambs
16. I want to say Eddie Murphy
17. The Usual Suspects.

Anonymous said...

9 is from Swingers, if I remember correctly. I know some others, but it looks like everyone else does too...

Churlita said...

Well, it looks like I got here late. I love the PeeWee quote.

I recite old TV commercials. Movie lines are so much cooler.

Anonymous said...

Do you love "The State" as much as I do?! MAN I miss that show...

(I think that's the answer to #2)

EEK said...

Favorite Simpsons quote ever...

Homer: Kids, kids. I'm not going to die. That only happens to bad people.

Bart: What about Abraham Lincoln?

Homer: He sold poison milk to school children.

Anonymous said...

2. The State
8. Cannonball Run
16. Ren & Stimpy

The Girl You Used to Know said...

I missed a Ren and Stimpy quote? But but but...I love Ren and Stimpy!

What rolls down stairs alone or in pairs
Rolls over your neighbor's dog?
What's great for a snack and fits on your back?
It's Log, Log, Log!

It's Log, Log, it's big, it's heavy, it's wood.
It's Log, Log, it's better than bad, it's good!
Everyone wants a log! You're gonna love it, Log!
Come on and get your log! Everyone needs a Log!

dmarks said...

I've never had fava beans. It has been many years since I have had any sort of liver. However, it's obvious what will come to mind if I ever have either.