Saturday, April 28, 2007

Musical Mist

Liz loves to dream.

Last night I had one of those great dreams: quirky and non-threatening, funny and slightly nonsensical. In this dream I had been made Ambassador of Culture for the United States. What a perfect job for me! Of course, I don't think this position actually exists, but when Jester, who is running in '08, or Killer, who has also considered throwing his balls into the ring, get elected, I'm sure this job will be created and I know I'm first choice- what with me inventing it and all.

As AoC, my job included such events as waving the flag at motorcycle races and creating a "Made in China" room for the White House. This was a very easy task, as under every piece of furniture in the room there was already a Made In China sticker. I also got to attend a lot of plays and theater shows. Imagine my surprise when I was at a huge production in New York and the closing musical number was a song by "Mist 1"- which is exactly how she was introduced. Mist began singing her own number as the background dancers gyrated excitedly. She wore dark sunglasses and, surprisingly, a drab gray sweater with black slacks. The number was GREAT! The lyrics were clever, the energy was high, and some of the men were wearing wings attached to their leotards. How can you go wrong with men in tights and wings?



I never knew Mist was a redhead.

I think this is the first dream I've had about a blogger. It's odd to start pulling strangers into your dreams. Maybe the Miller High Life has a wonderful side effect I was unaware of. Look out BD and Orthurme! Dmarks and Heather! Churlita and Mel! You guys are well on your way to being part of my next blogger dream- the one where Killer holds you all at gun point and forces you to write poetry about his balls.

9 comments:

Killer said...

I like that dream. Everyone SHOULD be writing such poetry.

mist1 said...

But what shoes was I wearing?

laughing said...

Well, I was just mentioning to a friend that there must be an X-rated version of a certain song. If there's not one already, it should be easy enough to write one.

Now Killer would like some poetry about his balls.

There are possibilities.

I might get back to you on that.

heather said...

great dream, working on the poem. will get back to you on it.

dmarks said...

I had a dream about one of the bloggers last week. It was very weird. I'll just say it wasn't Heather, it wasn't Killer, and it wasn't any blogger I've ever met.

I see that we are quick to write the poetry even without being threatened at gunpoint. Or given the situation, wouldn't that really be "threatened at ballpoint"? Which makes no sense: balls aren't pointed, and nobody is using pens to write this stuff.

I'm not the poet, so I will sit back and see what rhyming results you others come up with.

Mayren said...

I'm kinda jealous. I hear Mist1 only makes Dream appearances by reservation. I also hear the she's reserved for the next 6 months. *le sigh* Maybe if i slip her a $50 or perhaps a new pair of Jimmy Chus I can get in.... hmmm now where to find her perfect Chus...

The Girl You Used to Know said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Girl You Used to Know said...

between killer's legs
dangle hairy balls of fun
revered by many

dmarks said...

And then I had another dream about another blogger last night. I should stop re-checking this post.