Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Why Killer Rants.

An old friend, Farley, who is my only old friend, besides Liz, to have a blog, MEME'd me. I don't normally cotton to MEMEs. They have always seemed forced and too much like a chain letter. Now, however, I have done two back to back.

Farley stumbled into her blog by answering an ad for free lance writers, it turns out the writing gig was a wine blog. She is perfect for this due to her passion for wine and her passion for writing.

I don't read Farley's blog as often as I should. I don't like wine. So, out of love for Farley, and in memory of the charred remains of the Iron Horse Grill, where we worked, lived and drank together, I am answering the MEME call.

Seeking to find out why people take the time, effort and agony to write a blog, Farley's question, "Why does Killer rant?"

I, Killer, rant to serve notice to all the world that monotony and serious thinking will not be tolerated. I rant so some poor schlep trapped in an office building, who spends all of his days staring at the same neutral gray cubicle walls, might chance upon my pointless ravings whilst aimlessly scrolling the Internet on the company's dime.

Killer rants so that worker bee's humorless day might be brightened. After the initial post is read, the worker might think to itself, "Why the hell am supposed to care about this guys balls?" But, after reading a few more entries, hopefully the frown turns into a smirk, which then develops into a slight guffaw, and before too long the worker will find itself saying aloud, "I do, I do care about that fat, hairy bastards balls."

Making a few dozen people laugh each day, combined with the personal satisfaction of knowing those few dozen people are also subconsciously picturing me naked, is why I, Killer, rant.

This is a completely open ended MEME. I would love to hear from each and every fellow blogger about why you blog. It is not however open ended to my BBB (best blogging buddy), Liz. She MUST answer.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I do, I do care about that fat, hairy bastard's balls.

(i, for one, am glad killer rants. yay, killer!)

othurme said...

Jesus Christ. I've been reading it wrong this entire time. I thought it was Killer Pants! I was waiting to see posts about some fantastic pants. Ok, I guess I'll just go now.

Anonymous said...

my Lord, I know Susan is proud of your hairy balls, as every mother is.

Churlita said...

Your imagined hairy balls are a nice contrast to my gray cubicle walls. if I thought people were picturing me naked, I would stop blogging immediately.

laughing said...

I'm sure that everyone wants to see me naked whether I blog or not. So I might as well go ahead and blog.

And I think that everyone knows that I started blogging for revenge, and just kept doing it later cause it was fun.

Killer Pants---Killer's Balls, it's not that much of a stretch. I'm sure anyone could make that mistake. So the name of the blog is Killer Rants. He still talks about his balls all the time.

And it's not that I really care that much about the hairy bastard's balls. But when you stop to think that the hairy bastard's balls belong to a nurse or something, that's kind of interesting, isn't it?

farley said...

I knew there was some noble reason behind your sharing stories about balls.

Thanks for playing. Here's to Ken, Jeff, and the old gang. Raise your beer mug high!

The Girl You Used to Know said...

I rant so some poor schlep trapped in an office building, who spends all of his days staring at the same neutral gray cubicle walls, might chance upon my pointless ravings whilst aimlessly scrolling the Internet on the company's dime.

Wow. It's like you were there with me the day I discovered Killer Rants.

I'm just a little bit frightened now.

Oh, and I totally picture you nekkid, too. Get thee out of my head.

laughing said...

Can a hairy bastard be nekkid and in a nurse uniform at the same time?

Now that is an interesting picture to have in your head.

mist1 said...

You don't like wine?

I don't know how I feel about this.

heather said...

your comments elsewhere led me here. and i read for the laughs like many of us. but also cause liz makes me think. you make me think too but more among the lines of 'just what kind of meds ~should~ he be taking anyway?' ;-)