Sunday, November 26, 2006

Sunday's First Post: My Kryptonite

Liz informs:

I put ice cream in my coffee this morning because I'm an adult and I can do whatever the hell I want to do.

My Kryptonite:

I have been thinking about what makes me weak. There is a long list. Cigarettes are number one on that list. I took my BFF's son to the park this week and when I pulled out a smoke he (being 3) stared at it and said, "Liz's candy". Yep. Just like a child molester could lure him into the car my offering him a Tootsie Pop, a stranger could lure me with a pack of Virginia Slim Super Slim Menthols (even though I recognize that the name brand sounds like something you find on the feminine products aisle, I do not smoke tampons).

You know some of my weaknesses: office supplies, quality lotion, and cold beer. But there are more.
  1. The themes to Magnum PI and Sanford and Son
  2. Carbohydrates
  3. Neon
  4. Soft sheets
  5. Clean cut men with two-days of scruff
  6. Moss hanging from Live Oak Trees
  7. The smell of the forest
  8. Harmony
  9. Pyrotechnics
  10. Waylon and Willie duets
  11. Candles that smell up the room
  12. Mirrored disco balls
  13. $10,000 Pyramid reruns
  14. Spa days
  15. Shows of creativity
  16. Danny's cole slaw with peanuts
  17. Women with HUGE hair
  18. A trip to big cities
  19. Walls that aren't beige or white
  20. A clean house
  21. Men shaking hands
  22. Jeans that fit just right
  23. 2 for 1
  24. Days off
  25. Immaculent public restrooms
  26. Ice cream in my coffee

2 comments:

Killer said...

Liz's candy?! What are you doing to that child? He is going to be the first kid since the fifties to start smoking at ten.

Greg said...

#13: Yes. Yes. Y. E. S.